Posted on: 26 August 2020
Summer days are drawing to a close, and soon the crisp chilly air of fall will arrive. You might think you have to abandon your sundresses and mini skirts for warmer attire, but with a few modifications, you can still get some more wear out of your favorite summer pieces as the seasons change.
Boutique stores are great places to shop to support small businesses while adding flair to your wardrobe. Many boutiques will have just the right accessories to transition your closet into fall.
Here are some examples to try:
- Hats: Exchange wide-rimmed beach hats for fedoras, wool felt hats, plaid caps, or lightweight beanies. Look for cozy colors such as wine, mustard, olive, and gray.
- Scarves: Adding a scarf over a plain colored summer dress can make it fabulous for fall occasions. Mix and match plaids, cashmere, animal print, or solids for a fun twist on your outfit.
- Cardigans: Cardigans are a fall staple and a must-have for every closet. Throwing a comfy cardigan over a t-shirt and jeans creates an instant autumn look. Dressing in layers is convenient for finicky fall weather that might be chilly in the morning and heat up by cocktail hour. Again, look for fall jewel-tones and muted neutral colors to make these layers seasonally appropriate.
- Tights: Pair your favorite summer mini skirt with some autumn-colored tights to stay warm as the days get cooler. Cable-knit tights in solid colors are a fall favorite and look great with a variety of skirts and dresses.
- Boots: Switching out sandals for boots is a simple change that will elevate any dress or top and jeans for a night out. With so many options from ankle booties to over-the-knee statement boots, there are plenty of choices for everyone.
Why shop at boutiques?
Boutiques are smaller businesses that carry specialty items not available in regular department stores. By pairing basics already in your closet with fun accessories from boutiques, you will create a look that is uniquely your own. You'll also save money by re-using what you already have instead of buying a whole new wardrobe for each new season. Supporting small businesses is a great way to give back to the community while treasure hunting for one-of-a-kind pieces.
Boutiques often have a limited quantity of the items they carry season to season, so if you see something you like, don't sit on the fence! It might not restock when supplies run out. If you are looking to upgrade your wardrobe, be sure to visit a local clothing boutique like DressCode Style!Share